Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Heart Day

Ahhhhh. School valentine parties. The cards. The candy. The love.

Jeni and her kids surprised us today and came over to visit. And thank goodness she did, because I was ready to throw this year's holiday right down the toilet just before she arrived. It just wasn't working out. But then she was here and she reminded me that we are loved. And how happy I am to be loved. By so many amazing and caring people. Actually, many people thought of us today, so I have no excuse whatsoever not to smile. Jeni also reminded me about this- do you remember when we gave valentines in school with envelopes? We'd have to put each card in a little white envelope, add a few conversation hearts- picking out which saying goes to which cute boy, and then lick each one shut. Those were the days.

Now my kids are giving out the valentines. And it's still just as fun. Cole just asked me: What kinds of birds always stick together?










Vel crows!


What did the two oceans do when they met?









they waved!

2 comments:

Shayne and Leslee said...

I remember the little envelopes! Loved those! And you carefully scrutinized the message included to see if it meant someone was particulary in love with you! So fun...

FRYER FAM said...

love it! miss you.