Monday, June 22, 2009

another school year's come and gone...

Wow. This school year went by so quickly. It was such a fun year having Cole in second grade and Eric in Kindergarten. I was able to volunteer in both classes many times, go on field trips with each boy, attend parties, and also teach some art masterpiece classes. I love being in the classroom, for so many reasons. I love being with Cole and Eric. I love seeing them interact with the other children and all the things they do while they're at school. I love the atmosphere of a classroom: the learning, the singing, the desks and pencils, the projects.... it reminds me of when I was in elementary school. I love being around such sweet, innocent, happy children. They love to smile and laugh and play together and share and learn new things. They are so enthusiastic about everything they get to do. They just make me happy. Their classrooms are a special place for me to be.

Cole and Eric had such wonderful teachers this year and great friends in their classes. The kindergartners put on a special graduation program which was so touching to me. I'm not sure why I am so emotional about it- he's not even my first kindergartner - but I seem get sentimental about my babies growing up and moving on. I really didn't even expect for the program to be anything too incredible. But it was so sweet, the children sang many songs which they knew so well and were so proud to sing them loudly with all the actions and with such joy. They also had mini speaking parts telling about all they learned during the year. It touched my heart, I love my kids so much, and I love all the sweet young children.


Cole and Mrs. Jennifer Andersen


Eric and Mrs. Shalynn Orr







These videos aren't super quality,
just enough to remember that night.








1 comment:

baxtersrus said...

Wow. They are growing up. Cole looks like he's 12 years old in some of those pics. Such cute kids.