
Cole has had quite the adventures with losing his baby teeth.
His first tooth (bottom front) fell out at his friends house - in the backyard - in the grass - and he lost it. So he wrote the tooth fairy a nice letter explaining the situation, and was still rewarded with some cool fairy cash.
Weeks later his second tooth (the other bottom front one) fell out at our house - in the backyard - in the grass - and he lost it. Yet another explanatory note to the tooth fairy and she was kind enough to understand a second time.
His third loose tooth (top front) has been hanging on for a while now. This morning the kids and I were getting into the van to go to school. Cole and Eric are in the back seat pestering each other as usual. Cole grabs Eric's granola bar out of his hand and starts to eat it. Eric freaks out, jumps on Cole, grabs at his granola bar punching at Cole's face. All of a sudden they are both freaking out screaming and crying. I look back from the driver's seat to see blood on Cole's face. Eric is very concerned and Cole is worried. (Eric does not like blood.) I get out of the driver's seat, walk around to the back seat of the van and see Cole holding his loose tooth in his hand. Eric punched Cole's tooth right out of his mouth! I though it was quite hilarious. Both boys were traumatized. I quickly explained the situation, and took Cole inside to rinse out his mouth. I told the boys that this was a pretty cool way to lose a tooth and I think they learned their lesson about pestering each other (at least for a few more days). The tooth fairy was excited to see an actual tooth.
5 comments:
That is SO FUNNY!! Teeth are funny things. Next time give him a now and later...they work good too :)
Seems to be a trend . . . Of the 4 teeth Tanner has lost, 2 of them came out with a little help during recess!
He's now sporting the toothless grin on top and hoping that it last through December -- getting to sing "All I want for Christmas in my two front teeth" would be the highlight of the season for him!
Julie, this is priceless! You are such a good mom for those boys. I love this blog and check it every day.
We've been gone deer hunting, as you probably know. It was wonderful to have Jeremy fly home for it. Josh and Jenn and the babies came along, and Dad and I rented an RV. So we all had a really good time, but I hope next year you and Nick are around to join us. Then if we can pick up Aaron and Tacy, we'll all be together. That would be great.
Love you, Mom
That's so funny. A lot better story than I have losing my teeth. I was in like 5th grade and I think it was my last few baby teeth because about 3 of them came out in one day. I was bleeding all over. Eventually my teacher made me call mom to come take me home. I felt like I had leprosy or something.
I'm still laughing out loud after reading that post. I can just imagine Eric's stunned little face. Boys are so funny :) PS. Great photoshoot in the gully, saw it on Kalli's blog. What a beautiful family! —Jon
Post a Comment