Yes, Maui. We got to go to Maui. What a wonderful opportunity and fabulous experience! Nick had a business conference in Maui, and when that was finished I arrived for a week of vacation time. In all of our 11 years (I guess since after children) we have never spent 6 days straight together, alone, just the two of us, doing whatever we wanted, relaxing, hanging out, not working, just us. Wonderful.So, here's the journal entry for my scrapbook and for family and friends who are interested. I narrowed down our pictures from 470 to the best 100 and separated them into 6 different posts (don't miss the ones at the end). There's just too much to capture in beautiful Maui and the photos don't come close to illustrating the true amazing-ness, but they will be important in reminding me of it all - and these are pretty cool pictures anyway. Truly Paradise.
Flying over the ocean. Haven't done that before. It was fascinating. I kept opening my window shade during the in-flight movie to check out the water. It was so cool to see.
Breakfast at McDonald's - SPAM on the menu! It's apparently big in Hawaii, but we stuck to the reliable Egg McMuffins.
The Northwest coastline reminded us a bit of the Oregon Coast. Windier, black rocks and steep cliffs, lots of waves, amazing views! We loved the secluded beaches that we had all to ourselves.


Lifeguards on duty. We enjoyed watching the surfers but for some reason don't have any pictures of them.



2 comments:
Yay! More pictures! They are BEAUTIFUL!!! Looks like you guys had an amazing time! I am sooo jelous :).
This was absolutely the funnest, coolest, most relaxing, inspiring, refreshing, and totally make me fall in love with my wife all over again thing I've ever done.
Go Maui! You Rock! Let's do lunch again sometime soon!
Nicky
Post a Comment