Wednesday, March 24, 2010

while we're on the subject

of REN - here's what he's been up to lately:

Just as much a monkey as the rest of them. Although his balance is a bit off. He falls and bonks his head more often than the others did.

This is so cute - whenever we come in from the van, Ren holds open the door for me. I've never asked him to do this, he just does. Even when I have a bunch of stuff in the van and don't come in for a few minutes, he stands there quietly and waits for me til I come in. So adorable! Thank you, Ren.


Another thing Ren likes to do consistently: he asks me for a glass of milk, opens the fridge door, and sits on his little step waiting for me to fill up his cup with milk. He has to sit there until I hand it to him, and if I don't think he needs some milk he won't let me shut the fridge door until I do.

One afternoon Ren was really fussing. I knew he was very tired, but he insisted that he wanted a piece of cake. So I put him in his chair with the cake. He was mad about that and cried some more, but wouldn't let me get him out. So I put his blanket (which is his most favorite thing in the whole wide world) around his neck and let him sit there. He kept whining and it got softer and slower and farther apart, until he fell asleep. And then I took him up to bed. :)


And the shoes!
Ren is always wearing someone's shoes. He loves to put on all our stuff, and can get around very well with it. He has no problem getting in the swing or up and down the trampoline in heels.







3 comments:

kallina said...

I can't get over how different he looks from the last time I saw him (even in pictures)! That first one looks just like the little Neilson boys (Nick and his bros). The shoes are hilarious. Joel

kallina said...

I love that he opens the door for you! haha what a cutie :).

baxtersrus said...

Wow! He really does love shoes!! So no binky still huh? I wanted to ask how that was going. Way to go! now you just have to get rid of diapers and you're done with the baby stuff, huh? I envy you in a way!