
#132two and a half hours south of us
(photos courtesy of the LDS website)
Last Sunday we were able to go to the Gila Valley Temple dedication broadcast at our stake center. You had to have a special ticket and be at least 8 years old to attend. So, Cole got to go with us, and Eric was so happy that he was not allowed to go to church that day. I told him that this was the one and only time in his whole life that he would be forced to miss church because he would be 8 next year :).
Anyway, what a special time we had. As we were sitting in the chapel, in the dark, watching a slide show of rooms inside the temples, I had an overwhelming feeling of love for Cole. It was so neat to have him with us, and I felt such gratitude for him. I am so thankful that he is the oldest child in our family and that he was given the miracle of life to stay here on earth with us. I am so thankful that he is healthy and happy and that he is such a kind, obedient, loving son. Our family would not be the same without his sweet spirit in it. He is a blessing. And he is a righteous young man who wants to obey and follow the Savior. I felt the Spirit. Being in the temple clears my mind like no other place on earth. It makes the meaning of life seem so obvious and easy. Those are the blessings I want and I know they are true and right.
It was special to see President Monson, President Eyring, and other temple leaders speak to the people of Arizona. What a wonderful experience for all who receive a temple near their home. I truly love to see the temple.
Anyway, what a special time we had. As we were sitting in the chapel, in the dark, watching a slide show of rooms inside the temples, I had an overwhelming feeling of love for Cole. It was so neat to have him with us, and I felt such gratitude for him. I am so thankful that he is the oldest child in our family and that he was given the miracle of life to stay here on earth with us. I am so thankful that he is healthy and happy and that he is such a kind, obedient, loving son. Our family would not be the same without his sweet spirit in it. He is a blessing. And he is a righteous young man who wants to obey and follow the Savior. I felt the Spirit. Being in the temple clears my mind like no other place on earth. It makes the meaning of life seem so obvious and easy. Those are the blessings I want and I know they are true and right.
It was special to see President Monson, President Eyring, and other temple leaders speak to the people of Arizona. What a wonderful experience for all who receive a temple near their home. I truly love to see the temple.

4 comments:
I didn't know about that temple, that's really neat! I love that you are posting so regularly... makes me feel closer to you. I saw Ella Thursday, she sure is cute and grown up looking! I hope Jayci can hang out with her more on Monday.
That's a super pretty temple. It reminds me of a combination of the timpanogas and Oquirrh Mountain. I also liked the note on Eric's door. That's totally Eric!
Justin
Tonight, Ella came in my bedroom to sleep because Jeni and Chad are staying over. A picture of you in your wedding dress is hanging on the wall.
"That's Mom getting married," she said. "She's the prettiest Mom ever and getting married in Salt Lake Temple."
I love this post Julie, and love your words. Cole is so good, I have this feeling Van will not be one of those! :)What a pretty temple, and how fun to have a child old enough to share it with...crazy! And I can't believe Eric's already 7!! Your kids are totally growing up!
Post a Comment