Sunday, May 30, 2010

On the 15th of May, in the jungle of Nool

Eric turned the big 7, sports are all that is cool!

Saturday (the 15th) was Eric's birthday and he chose to do all his favorite things. When I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday, he told me that he wanted to bring popsicles for his class at school, he wanted a pet lizard, he wanted to play football and kickball at the park, and he wanted a cake from Walmart. Not sure why a cake from Walmart, and not so sure I'm ready to add another member to the family- especially the amphibian kind, but this celebration is manageable.

On Friday, we celebrated at school with the first graders and Mrs. Pederson. Popsicles were a hit on the very warm day.

After school, we stopped at the park to play- which always includes lizard chasing through the bushes. AND lucky boy, that Eric, finally and actually caught one of those lizards! (YES! I don't have to get him one after all.) He loved it, and carried it around, and took it with him to football practice that night to show it off. He brought it home and made a home for it in the cage. Then after a few hours, he got emotional knowing it would die without proper food, so we returned it to the park where it belongs. That was good enough for now, and Eric looks forward to catching another critter any day now.




Then the celebration at the park Saturday evening. All his buddies were there for a lively game of flag football and then kickball. It was a beautiful evening, and Eric had a great time opening gifts and playing with his friends.

Eric is full of adventure, and keeps our family entertained with all that is "boy". Love you buddy; grateful for you!







kayla, jalen, nathan, connor, kyle, cole, ERIC, caiden, troy,
cruz, caden, ethan, austin, gavin, justin, tyke

3 comments:

Mr. Smith said...

I love all the toothless kids in the school picture!
I'm glad Eric loves sports so much; that's something I can definitely relate to.

Melissa said...

happy birthday to cute Eric!! He's such a little sports stud, I love it. Van's headed in that general direction and it's so fun! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you!

kallina said...

I love that he decided to take the lizard back to the park, how sweet! Happy Birthday Eric!