The kiddos have been talking about "Mother Day" (that's how they say it) all week long. They seemed to really be in the spirit of it this year. They wanted to make cards and plan surprises for the special day.On Sunday morning I slept in (which could have been enough right there). Then the whole family came in to the room bearing gifts: homemade cards, and homemade presents, and homemade breakfast in bed! And they were so excited to be giving it all to me. Yummy, wonderful, and sweet.
The day was good. I woke up happy, and miraculously, nothing seemed to bother me all day. Church was nice and it really seemed like a day of celebration for me (and all mothers). That was fun.
So, happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful and amazing mothers I know. You are fantastic examples to me, and I feel so, so blessed to be a mother to my four precious little ones. (Hopefully I'm getting it right.)
Here's the poem that Cole wrote, 100% on his own, for me:
Dear, mom you are
the best mom. So, I wrote
you this song. When
I was small you loved
me. That is so clear to
see. As you wathced all
the years go through.
I got older and you
help me with more that
I do.
So I wrote you
this song and its
not very long. But, it
makes me love you even
more. It's not
expenceve or, even comes
from the store. But,
it comes from my heart
even more. This song is
over but, I still love you.
Happy mothers day! from: Cole
3 comments:
So sweet--love those little poems! Darling pic of you and your yummies--I should've thought to do that!
You've got the best kids anywhere! Glad you had a good day; I think you are a great mother.
I love Ren's blue shirt with plaid tie! He looks like he's back from a day at the office. joel
You look great! So do the kids.
Post a Comment