Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dad's Confession Time!!!

watching the kids while Julie is at the temple...
sitting on the couch...
get a funny feeling it's been too long since I've heard Ren...
start looking for him and it takes longer than 30 sec...
recruit siblings in the search...
Eric >> "I found him in the garage, but"...
go to the garage to see Ren sitting on the floor looking embarrassed...
his hands and arms are completely covered in black...
Oil? Grease? Paint?...
no - Sharpie!...
Dad >> "Ren where did you find this marker?"...
Ren >> "da van"...
take a peak in the van...
shock, horror, and a strong sense of "how am I gonna explain this" sets in...
Sharpie (with a "Fat Chisel" tip for Ren's convenience) is everywhere...
all over the upholstery - huge thick black streaks on both captains chairs...
beautiful permanent artwork all over the dash, the control panels and the steering wheel...
all over the windows...
if I was smart, I would have taken some pics to share...
but I sprung in to action...
20 minutes, 3 rags, and good bit of "Lavendoria" later - black streaks are gone...
life is again livable...

Perhaps the grand design behind my illustrious 9 month carpet cleaning career has just been revealed... perhaps...

~Nicky

3 comments:

Shayne and Leslee said...

OH MY GOSH!! I cannot believe you got it out! Every parents nightmare! You rock, Nick...see, every little job changes our lives ;) ha, ha

Jon Smith said...

I wish you had a picture of that one. Man, I would have been freaking out! And that's totally something I would do...30 minutes after not hearing anything think "hmmmm, I wonder what Van's up to"?

Melissa said...

OH my GOSH! I was dying when I read this!! And I would LOVE to see pictures. That is so funny and terrifying, I can't believe you got it out, that is AMAZING. You rock Nick, I love that you posted. Miss you guys!