Friday, October 24, 2008

102 degrees?

Right now on my computer it says that it's 102 degrees in Queen Creek, AZ....

on October 25, 2008.

Wow.

It feels warm, but not that warm.

I really think we're getting used to the heat. It's nice. We are now one of those weirdos who puts on a jacket, pants, shoes & socks when it goes below 75 degrees. Last week Eric wanted to wear his long-sleeve shirts to school like they were a novelty. He was so excited about it. It was still 85 degrees.

We are ready for the wonderful "winter" weather. This is the beautiful time to be here.

2 comments:

kallina said...

Are you kidding? 102! You're probably not even going to get snow this year. I don't think I could handle that. Well enjoy your nice winter weather, I just tried on my new ski outfit again today for the 4th time (with Kalli laughing at me), so we better get snow soon!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny, because it's so true!! By about the second winter we lived down there, we had to finally admit to ourselves that our blood had thinned. :-) A couple Christmas seasons ago, I was in a bookstore, and it was pretty busy. Everyone was dressed in winter clothing. I think it was about the high fifties or about sixty degrees or so. A lady walked in wearing a T-shirt and shorts. She really stuck out like a sore thumb, and she might as well have been wearing a huge sign that said Tourist. :-)