Saturday, October 25, 2008

Washington DC

The last week of September my sister Jeni and I went on a trip with our babies to visit Washington DC and Jon and Melissa who live there. I'm just going to say right now it was such a wonderful trip!!! We had a great time hanging out with Jon and Melis and seeing all the incredible sights. What a fabulous place to visit. I chose just a few pictures (from the 495 we took) to show the adventures.

Here we are waiting at the bus stop. Jeni and I got quite skilled at using the metro system on the days Jon and Melissa had to work. By the end of the week we were pros. Ren and Jayci had a great time watching everything from their strollers. They were pretty popular everywhere we went and got a lot of attention. Most everyone who saw them asked if they were twins and thought they were so adorable.

The Washington Monument can be seen from every direction. It became an inside joke for us to see who could get the most pictures of it from different spots in the city.

Standing at the Lincoln Memorial which was one of our favorites. It's incredible how huge everything is.

This is how Ren and Jayci spent most of their sight-seeing..... asleep. We took pictures for them to prove they were there.



The World War 2 Memorial has large water fountains and columns for each state.

This is looking down from the top of the Washington Monument at the WW2 Memorial and Lincoln Monument. We got to go up to the top, and took some great pictures from up there.


The "twins" in their fuzzies.

The White House! Really cool to see. It was weird to see it smack in the middle of a big city. I hadn't pictured it that way before.

Looking down on the White House from the Washington Monument.

Here I am looking at the Jefferson Memorial. This was my very favorite. We had to walk around this beautiful lake lined with large gorgeous trees to get to the Memorial. It was such a beautiful place and very peaceful.

At the Jefferson Memorial looking back over the lake.




At the end of the day, we stopped to call Jon to come pick us up. While I was on the phone these men just came up to us and started snapping pictures of the babies. They didn't ask or say anything to us, but you could tell they thought the kids were adorable. They just kept taking pictures, so Jeni started taking pictures of them - taking pictures of us. We thought it was hilarious.

2 comments:

Generational stitcher said...

Yea we have those funny picture taking Chinese people here too. Whenever we take the kids into the city we spend at least half the time with not moving while the kids get gawked at by them...and I get asked a million time if they are all mine which ones are twins and if they all have the same dad...I guess they don't look enough alike or enough like me...hum...fun times! That's so neat you guys got to come out here!! I know Jon and Melissa were excited :)

kallina said...

De Ja Vu! Those pictures look just like Jeni's, only the girl in them looks slightly different (but just as pretty) and she's standing in front of the Arizona pillar instead of Utah. That's funny. I love the fuzzy twins!! Joel