Monday, November 9, 2009

giddy-up goats

My sister Jeni and her husband Chad live on a mini-farm that provides hours of entertainment. I'm not sure where the kids got their love of animals, but they are crazy about 'em. The goats are a new fascination and Chad was kind enough to take those of us dumb enough on a ride - and fall (see videos at the end).

I love this picture of Cole. I love the motion blur, and how Cole's expression shows exactly what it feels like to ride a goat.


The three of them stuck together all around the yard.

What a farm boy.








Warming Up.









After the goats, Eric stayed outside with Hank. He's their big black dog and the best I've ever known. He doesn't bark or jump on the kids at all, he is very calm and perfectly obedient. Chad did a great job training him. Eric played catch with him for at least an hour. When I went out to get him, he told me that he kept trying to come inside but every time he did Hank would look at him so cute that he would have to stay out and play with him some more :)

Thanks so much, Jeni and Chad! It's always a blast.

3 comments:

Shayne and Leslee said...

I agree! That first pic is absolutely precious! What fun :)

baxtersrus said...

Yes! That was so fun! Thanks for coming to stay, it always makes my day. Chad loves to have kids over to entertain with his animals.:)

kallina said...

This is the best! way to go Julie for riding the goats too! love the picture of cole! We miss you guys :).