Friday, November 27, 2009

POLL: the luckiest OR cursed for life?

This year Nick cooked our Thanksgiving turkey. We set aside the wishbone for drying and wishing. A few days later we were ready to try it. We weren't sure how to share it among the kids or how to deal with the angry one who got the broken end, so we decided that Nick and I get to pull on the wishbone.

We each took an end, made our wishes, and PULLED!

then SNAP! -neither of us got the top of the wishbone. It broke completely off, shot up in the air, and stuck into the ceiling!!!
No joke.... uhhhh..... what does that mean???

I don't think that's a good thing.

Nick does.

:)



4 comments:

Melissa said...

haha, that's hilARious! Love it! I think it means that clearly you and Nick should be wishing for whatever you wish for together, not separately. :) Here's to couple unity! :) I've seriously never heard of that happening. How can it stick like that when it's dry!?! You guys are something else. And we miss you like mad! You're tempting us to plan another March getaway...

kallina said...

Stuck in the ceiling? That's crazy! Never heard that one before. I'd say it's pretty lucky. Joel

Jon Smith said...

Not only does the top never pop off but it stuck in the ceiling, I've never heard of anything like it. I heard this story from Mom and didn't know if I really believed it. That's so wild.

Our sad story is that we put the wishbone up in the window sill to dry and the next day when we left the place we were staying, we forgot the wishbone and so there it lies in the window sill. Booo.

Mary Alice said...

You couldn't even think up a story that funny. I love it. Thanks for the morning laugh. miss you