Oh how Eric loves football. He loves to run, he loves to throw, he loves to catch, he loves to tackle, he loves to kick, he loves to play. And we love to watch him.
Eric's been playing on a flag football team of six and seven year olds. Even though the boys don't know everything about plays and blocking and sometimes which way to run, they do know that they love to be playing the game. They are so completely brimming with happiness and excitement just to be on the field with a ball, the other boys, their uniform, and a mouth guard. And they're actually pretty good most of the time. So much fun on a Saturday morning.
This is the all-star video - and I am so happy that I happened to get it caught on tape. There's a few things you've got to notice: Eric kicks the ball- nice and high and far. Watch the boys run back and get the ball. Then watch Eric come back in to the picture on the far right, run around to the left side, fight off one guy who's blocking, make a fantastic dive at the player with the ball, and...... rip off the flag!!! So cool! I only wish I would have kept videoing longer to hear all the cheering for Eric. Wow. That was great :) I love it. {watch it a few times to get it all in}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So cute! He look like he is a natural, you might have a lot of football games in your future. Congrats Eric!
THAT WAS AWESOME! A diving flag grab is not an easy thing. I'm crying tears of joy right now watching a fellow football lover. I'm glad you're excited for Eric's passion for playing the game, it's always helpful to have parental support and excitement. Very cool. —Jon
I would love to be there to see him play. That was a pretty amazing play for a six year old! One more thing about the video - he's the smallest guy on the field. Hopefully the Neilson height gene will kick in before long; he will be unstoppable. I had so much fun playing catch with him when you guys came. Good job Eric!
Not that I am surprised at all. He was born to play sports. We will feel lucky one day to say, "We knew Eric when he was a little kid running and jumping off of everything in his path."
Post a Comment